Skip to content
Curtin University
Apply now /

Entry Requirements

Entry requirements

Entry requirements differ slightly between the Study Abroad and Student Exchange programs. To study at Curtin in a Student Exchange capacity, you must be enrolled at a partner institution. You can find out if your university is a Curtin partner institution from your university's student exchange office.

If you are not enrolled at a partner university, you are eligible to study at Curtin in a Study Abroad capacity. Study Abroad can also be undertaken if you're enrolled in a partner institution but all allocated Student Exchange positions are filled.

Both programs have additional eligibility criteria. You must:

  • have a grade point average of 2.75 on a four point scale (or approved equivalent, e.g. an average of 68.25%)
  • demonstrate you have academic support from your university or college in the form of at least one academic reference
  • demonstrate you can meet our English language requirements as approved by the Academic Board
  • have completed at least one full year of undergraduate study at your home institution.

Some Curtin courses have prerequisite subjects. You may also need to sit an aptitude test or attend an interview. Some health sciences courses also require health screenings.